We are currently in Elkhart, Indiana getting our home warranty items taken care of. Even with a stick and brick home, there are always issues that need to be taken care of, whether it be under warranty or not. Today is day three and we have already seen amazing results. Thor Motor Coach has really gone above and beyond to make sure we stay comfortable and informed on what they are doing.
When we arrived on the Sunday before our scheduled appointment, we were greeted with other owners scheduled for work as well. To our surprise, another coach that was nearly identical to ours, same year, floor plan and paint scheme was there as well. We all began talking and sharing our personal adventures and challenges with our respective coaches. Through the discussions, we learned some new tips, tricks and advice on places to visit next. Despite the circumstances, everyone showed up in good spirits.
Currently, they are working on floor issues. We are in a hotel since they had to remove the slide to access the floor. We are being very flexible and gracious of all the hard work Thor Technicians are doing. We have not asked when they will be done since we want them to take their time to do it right and not feel pressured to rush.
We can’t express enough that the Thor Motor coach service team and other personal we have encountered have been AMAZING! They are super personable, kind and patient with all of the questions we have.
So far this issues below have been taken care of:
- The steps have been loose – Screws have been changed and tighten
- Driver’s Side Window has been sealed and no more water intrusion
- Slow Rise Shades have been adjusted to rise slowly
- Drawers that open while driving have been tighten, they even showed us how to lock the drawer while moving
- Shower leak – O-Rings replaced and firmer support was added under the shower pan.
Submitting your Thor Motor Coach for warranty work:
Disclaimer – This is our experience and our steps. Results may vary, it is key to be flexible and patient.
- First and foremost, call the dealer you purchased your unit from, let them know your issues first. We called our RV dealer and we had no luck with them. We then called Thor.
- Call Thor Warranty Desk to get a ticket started – have your VIN # handy.
- Document and take pictures of possible warranty fulfillment issues
- Email pictures and note your issue you are having with the area.
- You will receive communication from Thor when warranty will be fulfilled and when you need to be in Elkhart for work to be done. Note: As a Thor MotorCoach owner we would advice not to negotiate on when you come in (currently it is a 3 month wait), since they are going to do warranty work. If your MH needs to be fixed immediately they will refer you to a local RV shop to fix the issue.
- We took precautions that would not cause more damage while we wait to come into Elkhart
Once your date is set, you can come to Elkhart and stay in the parking lot outside of the service center. They have electric and water hook-ups, and a dump station on site. At 7am, the tech assigned to your motor home will come and go over your list of issues and then they will take into the service bay to begin the work. At 3pm, they bring your coach back to the parking lot for you to stay the night if you need more work to be done the next day.
There is a customer waiting room with comfy couches, cold water, snacks, and a microwave. If the techs need anything, they will either call you or locate you in the waiting area.
You also have the option to drop off your motor home and they will work on it and call when they are complete.
Stay tuned for more later this week on our progress. Ask your questions below and we will be able to answer them to the best of our knowledge.
#homeiswhereyouparkit #digitalnomad #fulltimetravel #livemorewithless #nomadfamily #lessjunkmorelife #fulltimervers #rvtravel #rvlife #rvtravelbug #rvliving #rvnomads #rvcamping #fulltimerv #rvfulltime #rvlove #camping #rv #thormotorcoach