Located on the Mississippi River, this quiet park had all the amenities we needed. We were “home” for Christmas. Russ was born in Memphis and most of his family still reside here in the Memphis Area. We have not spent a Christmas here in a very long time and it was time for a change. Bobbi loves being around family during the holidays and this was a perfect location. Tom Sawyer’s was able to accommodate us for two weeks. We arrived Christmas Eve Eve and left right after the New Year. If you are needing a place to stay off the beaten path, away from the highway and a picturesque view, this is the place to stay. This resort was absolutely an amazing place to be. We really enjoyed our stay here. It is close enough to Memphis and far enough away from the hustle an bustle of things. HIGHLY RECOMMEND
When we book our next home, we look at a few items that are important to us. We will provide as much detail on what Tom Sawyer’s provided for us.
- WIFI – Offered, we only used our phones on the WIFI and it kept a good connection. For work and school purposes we used out hot spot
- Hook-Ups – 30/50 Amp Service / Water / Sewer
- Pets – No extra for pets
- Length – We have a 35’ Motor Home – We had plenty of room for more. We parked in Mini in the front and back
- Kids – There was no extra fee for Amber
- Laundry – They have a facility – 2 washer and 2 Dryers – FREE to use.
- Package Delivery – They allow packages delivered to the office
- Cost – We stayed for 2 weeks in a gravel site by the river – $234/wk – Rates based on 2 Adults 2 Children
- Discounts – Only on daily rates – Good Sam / FMCA / Coachman / Escapees
- Bonus – Trash Pick-up is offered
- Bonus – Bath House has plenty of Hot water!
The staff at Tom Sawyer’s was great. The campground hosts live on property and are readily available to answer any questions. They come by often to collect garbage and clean the out houses.
Cleanliness of the park was very clean. We could not even find a cigarette butt on the ground. Dumpsters are hidden and not easily accessible to the campers. Bathrooms are very clean.
Website – http://tomsawyerrvpark.com/
Other feedback –
Amber (teenager point of view) – Many amenities such as dog run/park were not available.
Russ (Dad) – Weather is beyond our control, however the bathrooms were unusable for the last half of our stay because the pipes froze.
Bobbi (Mom) – I agree with Russ on this one. It was nice to have FREE washer and dryers while it lasted.
Remember, home is now where we park it.